Could you be a specialist foster carer?
Every child deserves a chance. Make the choice to help a child in need.
We need people who can care for tamariki/children and rangatahi/young people who have significant complex behaviours.
People interested in this role must have some understanding and/or experience of working with tamariki/children and rangatahi/young people who have experienced abuse and trauma.
To be eligible for the Key Assets 1:1 Specialist Programme, you will also need:
- NZ citizenship or permanent residency
- Be 30 years of age, or older
- Have a full driver’s licence
- Have a spare bedroom (as the children will live with you)
- Have no other tamariki/children and rangatahi/young people residing in your home who are under the age of 14
- Specialist carers must reside in Otautahi/Christchurch
- Ability to commit 100% to the tamariki/child or rangatahi/young person placed in your care (can still be working through the assessment process, but must not be working once placements commence)
- Single applicants will not be considered.
Why foster with Key Assets?
As part of the 1:1 Specialist Programme, you will receive:
- A substantial foster carer allowance – $1,000 per week
- A high level of planned respite days
- Supportive ongoing training and development, including training in trauma-informed care
- 24/7 support, including an on-call system
- Allocated Key Assets social worker
- Dedicated youth work for the tamariki/children and rangatahi/young person in your care
- Therapeutic support