To increase the text size:
- Click on the View menu with the mouse or pressing Alt ‘ + V ‘.
- Click on the Text Zoom ‘ option with the mouse or press Z ‘.
- Click on the text size you want with the mouse or use the up and down keys and then Enter ‘ to select the text size you want .
The text on our website should now have changed to reflect your choice.
If you are using an earlier version of Netscape than version 7 then the above instructions will not work on some websites because of the way they have fixed (hard-coded) the size of their text.
You can also set a minimum font size for all the web pages you visit in your browser preferences as an alternative to using the Text Zoom ‘ option.
To do so:
- Click on the Edit menu with the mouse or press Alt ‘ + E ‘ .
- Click on Preferences ‘ or press E ‘ to open the preferences dialog box.
- Click on the Font ‘ heading underneath the Appearance ‘ category or use the arrow keys to select Font ‘ . If you cannot see the Font ‘ heading, you may need to expand the Appearance ‘ category. Do this by either double clicking on Appearance€˜, or selecting Appearance ‘ with the arrow keys and pressing the right arrow key.
- Click on the drop down box next to Minimum font size: ‘ and choose a font size by clicking on it or press the Tab ‘ key until the box is highlighted, then press the up arrow to expand the list, choose a new font size by selecting the size you want with the up and down ‘ arrow keys and then press Enter ‘ .
- If there is a tick in the check box ‘ Allow documents to use other fonts you might need to uncheck it for your minimum font size to work, to do this click on the box to uncheck it or press the Tab key until the checkbox is highlighted and then press the Spacebar to uncheck it.
- Now click OK ‘ or press Enter to return to Netscape.
You can also change the text size in these other browsers:
Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, Firefox.
Back to Accessibility.