Internet Explorer now has a zoom feature included which allows you to enlarge the whole browser window.
- to do this press€˜ Ctrl â +€˜ + â to increase the zoom and€˜ Ctrl â +€˜ – â to decrease the zoom.
You can also change the text size. The way to do this does depend on how the site has been built.
- For many sites you only need to do the following:
- Open the€˜ Page â menu with the mouse or by pressing€˜ Alt â€˜+’ P â .
- Select the€˜ Text Size â option with the mouse or by pressing€˜ X â€˜.
- Choose your preferred text size by clicking on it or by using the up and down arrow keys to select it and then press€˜ Enter â .
The text on the website should now have changed to reflect your choice.
However some websites have fixed the size of their text (â€˜hard-coded’) and as a result these websites will not show the change you have just made. If you would like to use larger text on these sites follow the following steps:
- Click on the€˜ Tools â menu with the mouse or press€˜ Alt â€˜+’ O â .
- Click on€˜ Internet Options â option with the mouse or press€˜ O â . You should now see the€˜ Internet Options â box.
- Click on the€˜ Accessibility â button with the mouse or press€˜ Alt â€˜+€˜ E â .
- In the Accessibility box click the€˜ Ignore font sizes specified on web page â checkbox to add a tick or press€˜ Alt â€˜+’ Z â€˜
- Click the€˜ OK â button to return to the Internet Options box.
- Click on the€˜ OK â button, or press€˜ Tab â until€˜ OK â is selected and then press€˜ Enter â to return to Internet Explorer.
You can also change the text size in these other browsers:
Safari, Opera, Netscape, Firefox.
Back to Accessibility.