Could you provide a safe home?
Every child deserves a chance. Make the choice to help a child in need.
We urgently need foster carers who can care for children and young people in Auckland.
Here are some things you need to know about emergency foster care as part of the 1:1 Auckland programme:
- Emergency placements are short-term – approximately 21 days
- You will receive a competitive weekly foster care allowance
- You will work with a team to care for the child or young person you are placed with
- You will be allocated a social worker to assist and support you during each placement
- You will need to be flexible and able to take in a child at short notice
- You will have no more than one child or young person in your care at a time
- The child or young person in your care will be a full-time commitment. This means it will not be possible to work while you are caring for them
- The children needing emergency care will have significant high and complex behaviours
- You will be provided with training, that will be crucial to attend. There will be significant training expectations for this foster care programme
- You will not be eligible for this foster care programme if you have children in your home who are under the age of 12
- You should have some existing knowledge or experience in engaging with children who have experienced abuse and trauma. This could mean you currently work in social services, education or a similar industry
Your decision to foster will help change a life.
For more information or to speak to a member of our specialist team, contact Key Assets on 0800 525 437 or via the contact form on this page.